Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Verizon fucks us again

While there are certainly great things about my EnV3 phone and the service itself, there are many pitfalls of dealing with Verizon, and this is just the latest I've noticed.

So my phone has this really great camera right? Big hard drive space right? Comes with a USB cables that doubles as the power cable so it's real convenient right? Awesome! I think I'll go take a bunch of pictures, then upload them on my computer and bask in their glory on my gigantic monitor! Oh wait... YOU CAN'T! The only way to do it is to sift through the cryptic and vague list of device drivers for the one that allows your computer to read the fucking memory on the phone! It's like being locked in a room with a delicious piece of cake, but your hands are tied behind your back and your mouth is duct taped shut. If only you didn't have to pay someone a monthly fee to get your hands back.

This abuse of power by Verizon to give us 99% of what we need free with the phone, but then charge us an arm and a leg for the additional 1% that makes it all work makes me want to shoot a kitten in the face with a revolver. I'd rather go buy a brand new 3 megapixel digital camera that I can read the pictures directly off my phone than give them the satisfaction of bending over and taking it up the ass like they want me to. It's a damn shame that my statement will go completely unnoticed by them.

*sigh*

No comments: