Sunday, May 9, 2010

Graduation

Browsing between job openings for Account Managers for IT staffing companies, and creating original artwork they ways I know how, and the even more out of this world, snowboarding ,which I've mentioned before is the one time I feel I'm truly disconnected with the seemingly asinine requirements o the Business World, I find myself torn more so that even. While part of me draws me to find a job which fits my degree and to become a corporate stooge for some company that sells widgets or bombs, or pharmaceuticals, none of that truly appeals to me. All I want to do is be happy. and the odds of finding my nirvana in the average business world seems so remote that its depressing. Its times like these that I wish I could withdraw back into a world of say World of Warcraft, where things are simple, laid out, understandable. And I realize that's pathetic, but graduating from college (while a tremendous achievement in and of itself), presents a brand new plethora of "real world" concerns. How will I pay for my own car, my rent, support Chelsea? I'm sure these feelings will abate, especially when I find a job, but fuck, I want a job I can enjoy... is that so much to ask? Graduation doesn't seem to be all it's cracked up to be...

No comments: